Friday 19 April 2013

A- Day

'A' for Awake


awake, adj.  -Completely conscious; not in a state of sleep

I was hoping to write this yesterday, but since I'd been awake for almost 25 hours when I got a free moment... I chose to sleep instead!

So yesterday 'A' stood for AWAKE. The aim was to stay awake from midnight to midnight, and watch the film 'Awake' just to make it a tiny bit more of an 'awake' day, not that you can really get much more awake than being awake....

With all those extra hours I had in the morning before breakfast and lectures, I thought I would get the chance to do some things that I might not usually have the time for, write a letter to my friend, read a book... tidy my room. But no. Instead I spent almost the whole time trying to finish the worst assignment ever assigned for Sustainable Development...Worst. EVER! ...Seriously!
I did, however manage to watch Awake which maybe isn't the best film to be watching at 4 in the morning when you kind of feel a bit ill because you're really hungry and then you watch someones chest being clamped open ready for a heart transplant, all while the poor guy can still feel his heart being ripped out and hear his friends plotting to kill him...

I learnt from the day that lack of sleep makes me perpetually hungry and I can somehow still manage to want food after eating one dinner in halls and then another amazing dinner at homegroup half an hour later! (credit going to Jon's amazing cooking and Alexander's awesome skills of going all the way to tesco and buying pudding!) But apart from that, and finding out that even after half a can, red bull is a severe diuretic, I feel I coped pretty well with staying awake, I would even go as far to say that it was a great day! Finally finished my assignment never to be seen again, went to my lectures, finished off some more work, went to homegroup and sang at After Dark.  All in a good (25 hour long) day's work!


Catch you later for B- Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment