Sunday 21 April 2013

B- Day

'B' for Beach


beach, n.  -The shore of a body of water, especially when sandy or pebbly

Friday was 'B' for BEACH day and probably so far also the Best day! We were truly blessed with some amazing weather to compliment my 3 trips to the beach during the day.

My first trip to the beach was down to West Sands. I somehow managed to wake up at 7am (even after my very long day the day before) and meet Vera for a (very slow on my part) jog on the beach. I feel that living in St Andrews you have to do this at least once for the token 'Chariots of Fire' moment. I especially enjoyed the moment Vera declared that "it feels like we're running through the sky!" 

Due to lectures and my geology lab I had in the afternoon, my next trip to the beach wasn't until 4.30pm, but it was probably the most fun time of the day. Me and Amy went for a quick trip to Tesco for mini picnic supplies consisting of popcorn, doritos, cookies, grapes and fruit twist Fanta which I prefer to call Rainbow Juice (Not that I've ever tasted a rainbow, but it's what they would taste like in my head... somehow).
So we got to the beach, set out the mat, got some chilled music playing and tried playing frisbee... where we found out that a freebie frisbee given out on the street in January isn't really the best frisbee to play with! So instead the 12 of us played a hybrid game of rounders with a tennis racket and ball which was much more enjoyable! (Possibly just because I was in the winning team which we aptly named "The Pink Ladies" since we were mostly all wearing some form of pink at the time). Running on sand also proved hard on my tights which turned into some kind of one foot in the tights and one out as the seem ripped... definitely next season's style!


Steph thought it would be a good idea to play some Baywatch music and run down to the water where Emma wanted to take some 'epic jump photos' which seem to make her far too happy. I then somehow managed to lose my balance whilst trying to take these photos and proceeded to fall over into the shallow water (which was FREEZING by the way) and wet sand which I was then covered in for the walk back to Uni Hall.


After dinner that night, we walked over to East Sands for our beach day bonfire. Unfortunately we weren't too prepared for this and although we did get a small fire going in the end, I'm not entirely sure if it could be named a bonfire, more like... a candle maybe? But we made the best of it and had a great time all the same! Roasting marshmallows, eating the food left over from the picnic, pretending we could actually play the ukulele to create 'bonfire atmosphere' and ending the night with a trip to the infamous toastie bar!

Whilst the day was a lot of fun, I must have a ton of sand around my room and in the bin left over from everything that found its way into my pockets, in my bag, in my shoes, stuck to my skin... could always take a quick look at it under my hand lens and identify some minerals... maybe not though. From the sand blowing around in the food, I must have also consumed quite a lot of sand too... but no side effects yet, so all is still well in Sasha Land!

Bring on the rest of the Alphabet!





No comments:

Post a Comment