Monday 22 April 2013

C- Day

'C' for Crown... kind of


crown, n.  -any of various types of headgear, often made of precious metal and set with gems

Saturday was supposed to be 'C' for CROWN day which I started with what I feel was a well earned lie in after 'A' and 'B' days. I was meant to be wearing a crown all day (which actually was more of a tiara if we're being specific anyway) but it didn't quite go to plan...

I did begin the awake part of my day off well and wore my crown to hall lunch, I also accidentally made someone think it was national crown day, which, by the way, doesn't actually exist... although 'national crown roast of pork day' apparently is actually a thing... who knew!? (March 7th if anyone wants to put that one in their diaries for next year!)
I then needed to take a trip into town to get some supplies for D- Day, this was by far the most interesting part of the day as people on the street would quite openly give me and odd look or a quick laugh as they walked past, (luckily I had Helen with me for moral support) but the people serving me in  the shops had to be a bit more subtle. I sensed they wanted to say something but didn't want to offend their customer in case I may never return to give them some more money... or they were just considering that maybe I'm just too fashion forward for words!

After getting back from this trip, the day seemed to take a turn into more of a 'C' for Cop-out day. 
cop-out, n. slang  -a person who fails to fulfil a commitment or responsibility
I stayed in my room for most of the afternoon and then when I had to leave for Under Canvas I changed from a more prominent crown into a more festival style appropriate head band which I'm not too sure whether it could really count as a crown or not, it had gold leaves on it, which could be perceived as some kind of crown... right?

Since it was Under Canvas I was going to (which was awesome, just saying, thanks to everyone who helped organise it and persuaded me to go!), it could have also counted as 'C' for Canvas day.
canvas, n.  -a closely woven, heavy cloth of cotton, hemp, or linen, used esp. for tents, sails, etc
So I guess that somehow, although it was a bit of a mish-mash of different things beginning with 'C', it still managed to be a pretty successful C- Day!

Hopefully D- Day will go more to plan!


No comments:

Post a Comment