Wednesday 24 April 2013

E- Day

'E' for...


Well, lets see, 'E' was meant to be for EARLY...

early, adv.  -before the expected or usual time

...and I did manage to be early for breakfast and go to bed relatively early in the evening, but I also kind of forgot to do my essay that was in for 5pm, so it could have been 'E' for ESSAY day...

essay, n.  -a short literary composition on a particular theme or subject

...but unfortunately and very sadly, it ended up as more of an 'E' for EPIC FAIL day! :(

epic fail, n.  -the highest form of fail known to man. Reaching this level means only one thing: you must die, or the world will fail itself due to such an extreme level of failage!

I will explain, since I was up nice and early and only had one lecture that day, I believed I had adequate time to write my 2,000 word essay on 'The Church and the State in Chile ca. 1973-1990' and even hand it in a tiny bit early to comply with the original them of the day. It turns out, I did not have adequate time... not at all! (well, almost) The problem I had was with the referencing which, as usual, took me longer than expected, not too much longer, but long enough! So the point is, the deadline to upload was 17:00, and the time I uploaded it? ...17:01... really! GUTTED. That was the early theme over!

In my defence, I would just like to let you know, that there are things I can be early for, such as trains or planes (I feel I have somewhat of a phobia of missing public transport times), things I really enjoy doing because I obviously would not want to miss a minute of having fun! and things that are really important or have people depending on me because I don't really want to let anyone down! However, mostly from 'E'- day, I have learnt that being early can sometimes be a waste of time, what you really need to be, is ON TIME! I promise to everyone that knows me, I'm working on it! :)

Let's hope F- Day goes more to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment