Thursday 25 April 2013

F- Day

'F' for Fruit


fruit, n.  -the sweet and fleshy product of a tree or other plant that contains seed and can be eaten as food

On Tuesday, 'F' stood for FRUIT. The aim was to eat fruit, drink fruit smoothies and fruit juice, just fruitiness and only fruitiness all day. I tried to go for some of the more adventurous fruits rather than just apples and bananananananas.

I took a trip to Sainsbury's on recommendation that I try some Asian Pears, and also got a mango, some coconut, some pomegranate seeds, a pineapple and an innocent smoothie with pomegranates, blueberries and acai. Tasty! The asian pears were some kind of cross between an apple and a pear with the kind of texture of a watermelon, confusing, but quite nice. I had never bought a whole mango before so wasn't really sure how to tell which one would be a good one, so I happened to pick one that was a little unripe but still tasted nice, although I was struggling to cut it open in any kind of half neat way!

I expected to feel a little hungry during the day, I mean you don't usually think of fruit and think 'mmmmmm so filling!' and although the coconut and smoothie were slightly filling, I found that eating fruit didn't just leave me hungry, it made me feel empty, it's like you taste something sweet and trick your body into thinking its something really good like a donut... but then you swallow and there's not really much there and your stomach gets upset and cries and feels all empty because the donut never turned up :( So sad!

From F- Day, I have realised that I really lovely lasagne and donuts, separately though, but maybe a donut lasagne could work... probably not though, actually just no. Ooohh and pizza, can't forget pizza!

6/26ths of the way through!





No comments:

Post a Comment