Saturday 27 April 2013

G- Day

'G' for Giving


giving, vb.  -freely transfer the possession of (something) to (someone)

Getting a little bit behind with this blog now, but I am trying to catch up! On Wednesday 'G' stood for GIVING. Although I feel it is great to be in a giving mood all of the time, I decided to make a day of concentrated giving to my friends.

My friends mean a lot to me and it was nice to give back to them, even if it was only a little bit. There's something comforting about knowing you might have made someone's day a tiny bit better. Plus I enjoyed the funny looks I got when cycling with bunches of flowers poking out of the top of my rucksack. 
I found that when people are expecting gifts, there is a sneaky pressure when trying to know what to get them because you don't want to let them down, but when people aren't expecting anything at all, even something tiny can brighten up their day!

Unfortunately I didn't plan the day very well and only gave gifts to a small number of people and I wish I had given to more people, but you don't need to be told that it's giving day to want to give! Give gifts, give your time, your company, a smile, a hug, anything! You never know, it could possibly be the point in someone's day that turns it from the worst day, into the best one, because you never really know what anyone else is going through. 

G- day has reinforced the notion that giving is such an amazing thing to do. "remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'" Acts 20:35 I want to be a more giving person, not to receive anything in return, but because it really is amazing watching someone's face light up! The day also made me realise the amount of different kinds of gifts I am receiving every day and how I sometimes forget to stop and appreciate them all! Especially the greatest gift of all, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

So I get the feeling this post has been rather cheesy, but I  guess giving is a little cheesy, that's what's so great about it... right? ...Sharing the love and all!

<3



1 comment:

  1. Sasha, I love this post. I love G-Day and what you've made of it.

    Rike

    ReplyDelete