Sunday 28 April 2013

I- Day

'I' for Ice Cream


ice cream, n.  -a smooth, sweet, cold food prepared from a frozen mixture of milk products and flavourings 

Friday was I- Day and 'I' stood for ICE CREAM!! Yummmmyyyy! :D It was meant to be a day of eating ice cream and making ice cream, I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! I love ice cream.

The day didn't get particularly themed until after my lab exam (My last bit of coursework before exams!) around 4.30pm. Even though it had unfortunately started raining by this point, I met Jemima, Helen and Jo at Jannettas and we devoured some tasty ice cream, flavours including 'spicy peach and chocolate,' 'alpine avalanche,' and some ginger sorbet! mmmmmmmm.

After Jannettas we took a trip to Tesco and got some home- made ice cream ingredients, recipe credit to Helena! Whipping cream, condensed milk and chocolate! Since my exam started a little late, and I spent far too long trying to decide on a flavour from the millions at Jannettas, it was tea time by the time we got back to halls and so I had to be patient and wait until after proper food before I could start making ice cream!

So when it was finally time to make some ice cream, I whipped up the cream, stirred in the condensed milk, had some fun bashing up chocolate bars and then mixed them in before having to wait another 4 hours for it to freeze (in various mugs since they were the only things small enough to fit in the freezer)! 4 hours!!! How would I ever wait that long!?!?! Somehow I managed it, and I got to sample the ice cream, which turns out maybe needed a bit more than 4 hours, but I couldn't wait any longer! So me, Amy and Vera ate it anyway. It was very creamy and tasty and ice creamy! Yay!

mmmmmm, yummy ice cream!




No comments:

Post a Comment