Thursday 18 April 2013

THE IDEA

What happens when lab gets cancelled...



So when my lab got cancelled last week and I had nothing better to do than sit around listening to music and generally procrastinate... I had an idea! An idea that formed while listening to the beautiful song 'Life in Letters' by Lucy Shwartz. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyJXO295E3s

Most of the time when I have an idea, I tell someone about it, they shoot it down and I take a few hours to say a sad goodbye to my most recent dream and then move on... but this time when I told someone, I was shocked when they actually thought it was an interesting idea, so I vowed to go ahead with The 26 Days of the Alphabet and create my life (for 26 days) in letters!

So the plan is, each day has a theme with challenges or aims for whichever letter of the alphabet corresponds to that day, starting today (Thursday 18th April 2013) with the letter 'A' of course. And since, in the words of Lucy 'We are just stories, so here's mine to tell' I will blog about each days rules or aims and how the day went.

Why?? I hear you ask... errmmm.... I'm not really sure why, severe procrastination, possible self motivation and encouragement to actually do something in the weeks when I have no lectures, possibly in the hope that something interesting might come out of it... who knows... but I'm doing it anyway!

So, the list of letters:

A- Awake
B- Beach
C- Crown
D- Doodle
E- Early
F- Fruit
G- Give
H- High-five
I- Ice-cream
J- Jump
K- Kate Middleton
L- Love-hearts
M- Music
N- Narrate
O- Odd
P- Party
Q- Question
R- Record
S- Study
T- Time Capsule
U- Ukulele
V- Victory
W- Write
X- X marks the spot
Y- Yo-yo
Z- Zone

These are subject to change if I or anyone else has a better idea that I agree with, so if you do, let me know!

CHECK YA LATER! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment